2ZA ‘The Voice of the Manawatu’ began broadcasting from Palmerston North in 1938.
An ambitious social history exhibition was mounted in 2008 by the regional museum Te Manawa to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the local radio station that had such an impact on community life.
Running for over six months, the exhibition proved a magnet for memories and a catalyst for events such as The Great New Zealand Radio Show.
Memorial Broadcast Video
Video from a DVD donated by Vernon Smith
Some Old-Time 2ZA Harmonica Music
Other Features of Interest on our Website
The Radio Heritage Foundation was delighted to be involved with the 2ZA Exhibition and celebrations organized by Te Manawa and the local community. Exhibition materials and contacts were supplied and a lecture was also given on the importance of preserving New Zealand’s radio broadcasting heritage.